Sunday, June 3, 2012

Put a Bird On It

Mi amor introduced me to the show Portlandia.  Do you watch it?  It's a satiric sketch comedy similar to SNL, and It's been on TV for two years, so you probably know all about it, and me sharing this video will be like seriously, chica, step into the now already.

While some of the sketches are not suitable for pious gals like you and me, some of the skits provide an insightful commentary about people, like me, who grew up in the nineties.  Hellou, lovers of Nirvana and everything grunge, am I describing you?

I made sure mi amor only showed me rated G clips, and now I'm sharing my favorite one with you.
After watching this video, you may agree that I should update my blog's banner.  The bird is so 3 years ago, right?  Why do I love birds on things?  And why do I still crank Kurt Cobain's "Smells Like Teen Spirit?"


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Katy! Thank you for a morning laugh :) Love, a girl who does still love Nirvana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was your music time the best one yet or what? During dinner, my kids talked about how fun it was.

      Delete
  2. So hilarious .I have been watching Portlandia on Netflix. Also, I just wrote a blog post about birds, but haven't posted it. It all started because I was trying to find a few decorations and pictures for my home and EVERYTHING has a bird on it. And trust me, I already have a lot of bird related items, but you can only have so many before it becomes ridiculous! Now I need to change my post and make sure I link to your blog cause the little clip you shared takes it to a whole new level. So funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie, I'm ashamed to admit how many bird themed items I have in my house. You must do your bird post. I'm going to your blog now to see if you've posted between the time you made your comment and now.

      Delete
    2. Katy..feeling so honored that you replied to me. :) I posted it. I did it instead of getting dressed or working out mind you, but it needed to be done! Now I must go clean mi case, and maybe I just might put a bird on it.

      Delete